October 14, 2019
Nadim is a dedicated and enthusiastic dental surgeon with a proven track record in delivering the highest standards of care. Skilled in the use of sedation and hypnotherapy and aesthetic and implant orientated treatments.
Roles: Practice owner, manager and dentist
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Dad to twins boy and girl, opened a squat private practice in sept 2008 and the twins were born November 2008.
Read an estimated 500-600 books in the last 8 years on personal development, psychology, business and marketing.
Nadim qualified from Liverpool University in 2001, completed a diploma in Implant dentistry and has a Masters in Implantology.
Nadim has invested over £100,000 in his post grad training and over £30,000 on personal development and training (non dental related).
Is a trained NLP practitioner with Paul Mckenna training.
Learned to Code and programme in spare time and built first practice website in 2001 before many dental practices were online.
He is working hard with the local community promoting oral health.
Outside dentistry, he enjoys spending time with his family, computing/internet, keeping fit and personal development.
October 2, 2019
Offering finance in your dental practice, salary banding for the front desk and long term team members, tips for job interviews. The three questions we answered and discussed in this months Horton Hangout.
September 8, 2019
The impact of Smile Direct Club, employing hygienists, using a self-employed nurse for holiday cover. The questions we answered in this month's Horton Hangout Podcast
August 20, 2019
Bonus systems, social media engagement and the benefits of keeping in touch days. 3 questions we answered on this month's Horton Hangout podcast.
July 6, 2019
Getting the team on board with treatment coordination, start and end of day checklist and dealing with sickness. Three questions we answered in this month's Horton hangout podcast.
June 12, 2019
In our 4th edition of the Horton Hangout Guest we are pleased to hangout with Dr Andy Denny.
Roles: Practice owner with Dentist wife Becky who is co-owner and business manager / Dentist
Location: Somerset, England
Key facts about Dr Denny:
- Served as a Royal Navy Dental Officer for 7 years
- Set up their private practice from nothing but a ‘squat’ 15 years ago and have grown it into a regionally renown centre for multi-disciplinary cosmetic and implant dentistry
- Andy has been an examiner for the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners at the Royal College of Surgeons in London
- Has spoken nationally and internationally on orthodontics, implants, composites, multi-disciplinary dentistry and treatment planning
- Has won 3 Aesthetic dentistry awards for ‘Full Mouth Restorative Case’ and ‘Orthodontic Case – Fixed Braces (Adult)’ as well as being highly commended as Best Aesthetic practice
- Andy works 3 1/2 days a week clinically with other time spent on the business or teaching/mentoring. He avoids dentistry in the evenings and weekends and has always spent as much time as he can supporting his children with their sports/clubs/hobbies.
June 5, 2019
Wedding fayres, staff questions on paying for travel for courses and paying for set up times. Including a discussion on the shortage of dental nurses in the UK and changes in workplace culture.
Three questions that we answered in the new season first episode June 2019 podcast.
March 21, 2019
Key facts about Neil and Fiona
- Neil’s dental career began as a technician
- Neil is an examiner for the BACD accreditation examinations, he is accredited himself, one of the first 8 dentists to achieve this.
- He has an MSC in Implantology and has won multiple awards for his clinical dentistry.
- Fiona is a highly intelligent lady, she comes from a nursing background has been instrumental in creating the brand to support her husband's dentistry and has grown the practice from two to six surgeries and developed team leaders in the business to support different areas.
This podcast is full of their top tips to help you in career, team development and business development.
March 8, 2019
Recording staff hours and holidays, NHS UDA charges and giving up your contract, Brexit tips for fee increases and stock hoarding!
4 questions we answered in this month's Horton Hangout
February 22, 2019
HR advice for dealing with lateness, a team that seems to have fallen apart, choosing a TCO for your practice and is your marketing budget right... three meaty questions we discussed and answered on this month's Horton Hangout.