In this podcast Laura had the honour to hangout with Rachel Jackson.
Rachel is the founder of Superior Smiles in Knutsford, Cheshire. Her last 17 years have been a journey of discovery, learning, upskilling, and refining in the field of dentistry. She has over 12 years’ experience as a practice manager and treatment coordinator and 3 years ago she accomplished her goal of opening a practice where the patient is at the centre of every thought process. Having worked alongside many highly skilled clinicians in high-end private practices has given her the insight, knowledge and experience to work with her team in delivering a professional, positive, and comfortable end-to-end experience for every patient. Rachel is extremely passionate about dentistry and feels privileged to work within a profession where she can make a true difference to people’s lives.
Our listeners sent in some great questions around:
- Top tips for setting up your own practice?
- If you had to do it all again….would you still set up a squat practice?
- Rachels instagram, posts and her creative ideas
- Sacrifices over the last 3 years in business
- Top tips for finding a dentist to work alongside you as a non-dentist owner
- Time management
- Dental photography
Laura and Rachel also discussed how important it has been to have clinical knowledge (of advanced procedures such as smile makeovers and rehab) in Rachel's role as a TCO, and practice owner.